Saturday, October 11, 2008

Prayer for Children's Future Spouses


A prayer for our son's future wife
and for our daughter's future husband

Before the foundation of the earth, you chose ____________ to be holy and without blemish...perfect in your eyes. Out of your love, you decided to offer to ____________ the opportunity to be adopted as a child of God through the work of Jesus Christ. This pleases you to offer ___________such an awesome gift. You have shown grace to __________ which is freely given. _________has been redeemed through the blood of Jesus, and has received forgiveness for missing the mark because of the overwhelming richness of your grace which you lavished on _________with all wisdom and understanding.

Thank you Father that you have made known to _________ your will. Thank you for marking ___________with the seal...the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing _________ inheritance. ___________ is your workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works. May ___________always remember that you are ________peace. You are the cornerstone in __________life.
..............................

I pray __________lives a life of Godly love, that___________does not walk in bitterness, rage, anger or un-forgiveness, but walks in the fruit of the Spirit which is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness and self control. I pray_________is an imitator of you. Thank you that _______ flees sexual immorality and any kind of impurity, greed or idolatry. Thank you that ________ craves your Word and craves following your direction. I pray that ________has nothing to do with the deeds of darkness which never produces any fruit. I pray that_______refuses to get drunk, but instead is filled with the Holy Spirit.
.................
I pray_______will be a good mate to our child, loving the way you love us and that as children are born, that ________will wisely love and direct them as well. I pray that ________will be strong in you and in your power and will daily put on your full armour. I pray that when_______opens ______ mouth that your wisdom and your words will be made known to others because________is your fearless ambassador.

I pray that a hedge of protection be placed around _______ like the Shepard places around the sheep to keep them safe. I pray that _______is blessed everywhere ________goes and in everything _______ does and that ________will honor you with time, money and talent, giving all the glory to you.
...................
These things I speak in agreement with your word.

(excerpts from the Book of Ephesians)

3 comments:

ShabbyInTheCity said...

I do pray for my children's future spouses (if they have them) but my prayers haven't been this detailed. It shows how we cannot rush prayer and we need to take time with it and be very specific.

Theresa said...

Great prayer, I've prayed for my children's future spouses before, but this is right on!

Sandra Hersey said...

Thank you so much for sharing this. I have been praying for my children's spouses since they were small.